Feeding Chloe Update

 I just wanted to post an update on feeding chloe.  Ever since her heart surgery, she has been eating an entire jar of baby food each sitting!! We feed her 1-2 times a day right now. She's finishing that jar in 20 minutes or less with no puking or choking! This is such an improvement and it gives me hope especially when we resume feeding therapy. As for taking a bottle, no progress but she's 8 months old so I'm not too worried. We will be working with a sippy cup soon though .
  Another update is the tube feedings. Before the surgery we we're slowly making our way to bolus feeds but we did put the compressions on hold just in case she didn't tolerate it.  3 days ago I compressed her feeds again and she's tolerating it beautifully .Now she's at a higher rate and gets 6 hours off the tube instead of 4! My plan is to take her off the tube 3 times a day for 2 hours. Before connecting her back to the tube I will first feed her by mouth. If she tolerates this for 2 weeks I can compress again. I pray that she can tolerate bolus because 1. Way less time on the tube and 2. Every time it's time to feed her, we will try by mouth first and whatever she does not finish, we can bolus the rest through. This would make getting Chloe off the tube a lot easier.  It's a slow progress but it is progress!!
  Here's a cute video of Kody feeding Chloe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog